Adrenal Exhaustion is a common cause of fatigue, low energy and feeling tired all the time. Modern day life, involving mental and emotional stress over a long period of time will eventually take its toll. If this is accompanied by excessive exercise, inadequate diet, excess alcohol, sugar and processed food – it’s like running on an empty tank of fuel.
Early signs of stress:
The body has an amazing capacity to cope with stress and in the beginning, will cope by increasing levels of cortisol and adrenalin. In the short term, the early signs of stress may lead to anxiety, weight loss, high blood pressure, insomnia, inflammation, acne, ulcers, depression, anxiety & irritability.
Later stages of long term stress without adequate relaxation will eventually lead to low energy and a feeling of tiredness all the time.
Prolonged stress and adrenal fatigue will lead to:
- Low motivation
- Emotional instability
- Increased difficulties in losing weight –especially around the middle
- Digestive difficulties
- Lowered libido
- Sleep problems – difficulty getting up in morning
- Anxiety & irritability
- Skin problems
- Poor memory/concentration
- Chronic pain
- More infections which linger for longer
A Naturopathic approach will consider all of your symptoms and help you to understand what your body is trying to tell you. Saliva Adrenal Stress Tests may be used to confirm the stage of exhaustion and to optimise individual therapy.
Treatment of Adrenal Fatigue:
- Individual Dietary advice to provide optimum nutrition for energy.
- Individual natural nutritional & herbal supplement programme to support adrenal glands.
- Individual lifestyle support and relaxation strategies.
Naturopathic therapy will provide information, inspiration and motivation to recover your lost energy and well being for life!