What Is Naturopathy?
The term ‘Naturopath’ describes a practitioner who applies natural therapy.
At a time when modern technology, environmental pollution, poor diet, and stress play an enormous role in the degradation of health, a Naturopath’s ability to apply natural methods of healing is of considerable importance. By using natural therapies he or she is able to treat both acute and chronic ailments successfully.
• It can rebalance the body and mind using detoxification, diet & nutritional advise.
• Allergy testing for sensitivities & laboratory testing of blood samples ( IGg test)
• Also acupuncture, Bach flower remedies and advice on supplements.
What Can A Client Expect At A Session With Glenys?
A truly unique and integrated approach to health based on vast experience in the NHS followed by specialist training in Naturopathy and Acupuncture .
Nutrition, supplement advice, allergy testing, cleanse & detox, relaxation and stress management, acupuncture and Bach Flowers may be used to promote health benefits.
A wide range of nutrition and allergy tests are available at the clinic:
Cambridge Nutritional Science Food Detective
Food Intolerance Test
How much are your weight, size, body image, food and negative emotions impacting your life?
Are you confused & overwhelmed by the information & products claiming to make you lose weight, be healthy & happy?
Focusing on weight loss as a means to health & happiness is not always the best approach.
It’s too easy to get wrapped up in numbers like weight, calories, time spent exercising, ‘treat foods’ & ‘sin foods’.
All of these are the wrong focus when it comes to health – leading to guilt, failure, self sabotage and life time of yo- yo dieting.
So often, it’s stress, busy lives, abundance of ‘quick fix – feel good ‘foods that lead to poor eating habits, craving & addiction.
For many of us, it is also the emotional eating associated with reward, loneliness, and comfort that lead to cravings such as sugar, starches, alcohol & caffeine.
Added to all this, are the toxins, so safely stored in ‘fat around the middle’
Weight gain or even weight loss will eventually affect many other aspects of health, not to mention vitality and ageing.
Diabetes, cardio vascular disease, cancer, joint problems as well as mental & emotional health, self- esteem, confidence and even success in the work place have been associated with unhealthy weight.
Diets can so often be over complicated and unrealistic, leading to confusion and failure.
Our approach is to:
- Provide individual realistic diet advice.
- Focus on regular healthy eating to avoid cravings
- Focus on loading your body with amazing nutrients
- Support emotional issues associated with eating
- Inspire and motivate positive diet changes and lifelong health benefits
- As you load your body with all the amazing nutrients it so deserves – you will find that your body changes – and not only your body but also your mind!
As you feel better physically and have more energy, it becomes easier to make good food choices.
Making healthy food choices becomes second nature – not just ‘to lose weight’ but for life!
And with a healthy body comes a healthy mind – more energy and healthy action.